Wondering what to do in Narooma? Here are our recommendations for family-friendly activities:
Book a cruise on the Wagonga Princess. This is a wonderful activity for kids, elders and everyone in between.
See a movie at our old-fashioned cinema, Narooma Kinema.
Narooma is a fantastic place for outdoor activities like boating, fishing, kayaking, cycling, swimming, snorkelling, surfing and walking.
There are many other things to do in the surrounding region. We recommend:
- Take a 10 minute drive south to the historic village of Central Tilba, location of the recent River Cottage Australia TV series. Lots of quaint shops, cafes and a great local bakery.
- Visit the ABC Cheese Factory in Central Tilba and taste the range of local South Coast Cheeses and buy ‘Tilba Real Dairy’ products, produced from local Jersey cows.
- Take a 15 minute drive north to Bodalla, visit the historic All Saints Church.
- Taste local cheeses and watch calves being fed daily at the Bodalla Dairy Cheese Factory and Dairy Shed retro cafe.
- Try goodies baked in a wood-fired oven at Bodalla Bakery.
- See big cats, giraffes, zebras and many other animals at the Mogo Zoo.
- Experience the Original Gold Rush Colony in Mogo.
- Learn about local history at the Narooma Lighthouse Museum, the Moruya Museum and the Old Courthouse Museum in Batemans Bay.
- Visit the Jervis Bay Maritime Museum and Gallery in Huskisson.
To find more Narooma tourist information you can visit http://www.narooma.org.au/.
To delve more deeply into the history of the local area, we recommend reading books published by Pacey Media.
To find out more about opportunities to experience the history and heritage of the area, we recommend these websites: